When learning about Release, I immediately recognized the magnitude of the problem EaaS solves. My 9-year professional career in technical program management, business development, and account management has been centered around helping customers answer "how can we streamline processes" and "how can we create better experiences for customers." Release’s EaaS solution answered both of these and ignited my passion to connect this tool with DevOps leaders to bring their ideas to the world faster.
The goal of DevOps is to accelerate the process of application production. This involves increasing innovation, collaboration, improving quality, and being more responsive to business needs through rapid delivery and continuity between software developers and operations. Ultimately, this allows businesses to be more consistent with enhancing their competitive position and customer demand. Automation plays a critical role in accomplishing these goals by saving time and increasing velocity. Today, DevOps teams are automating infrastructure, code testing, and workflows. However, conventional environments for development, testing, staging, and production are difficult to manage. Engineering resources are distracted from the core product offering due to efforts required to create, maintain, and administrate environments. These efforts are undifferentiated, including configuring VPCs and networking, load balancing, creating Kubernetes manifests, and building end-to-end pipelines to turn your code into a running application in your environment. Valuable engineering resources should be focused on revenue-generating code, which Release is here to solve.
Release is an out-of-the-box automation tool to spin up even the most complicated environments to enable software development uniformity and velocity. EaaS can be viewed as an automated template or package of all infrastructure as code and configuration settings to minimize prep work so software engineers can focus on their code. Outside of the common shared environment types (staging, QA, etc.), Release offers ephemeral environments. These are short-lived production replications where you can input a feature to receive instant results and share with stakeholders without disrupting other environments. No more waiting in line for a shared environment, either.
Environments provide customers:
- Faster time-to-market: Improve product velocity with the ability to parallelize development.
- Quality: Enables less rework by shifting testing closer to the developer, allowing bugs to be caught earlier before they hit production.
- Innovation: Eliminates internal friction and bottlenecks to easily implement team members' ideas.
- Collaboration: Enables real-time visualization and sharing of code changes.
- Flexibility: Automatically generate ephemeral, development, testing, staging, and production environments on-demand. Spin them down just as quickly and only pay for what you use.
- Scalability: Scale faster by using EaaS to automatically configure Infrastructure as Code, VPC, DNS, load balancing, integration pipelines, and more.
If you’re in Development or DevOps and would like to learn more, please reach out directly (email@example.com).
Release is the simplest way to spin up even the most complicated environments. We specialize in taking your complicated application and data and making reproducible environments on-demand.
Join our newsletter
Get noticed about our blog posts and other high quality content. No spam.